Tastes Like Freezing
Sorry, I took the week off from blogg'n here. Everyone in town has been going bananas for this snowfall -- or perhaps has been cursing it. For condo-dwellers like Bethy and I, it's no big deal. But I felt sorry for Dad last night when we arrived for dinner to him scraping off the driveway and gutter.B&Me went for a walk yesterday, but it had gone pretty slushy by then. Today's walk was much cooler, with knee-deep powder in some places. We just went around our neighbourhood snapping photos and enjoying the beauty of it all. It won't last long, so enjoy while you can! I hear this may be the only snow this winter. The snowfall seems to have charged up the Christmas spirit in our home; the decorating may be done a bit early this year!
The school closures meant a welcome day off for Bethy. Every day is a day off for me right now, but my record loafing streak will soon come to an end. Back on the air mid-December! I was even invited to the station Christmas party over the weekend, where I treated the staff to several karaoke numbers.
In other news -- we now have a printer for the computer. Uhmmm... Penny the cat has taken over my bathroom, as she's being trained to use the potty like a human. Picked up an 8-pack of batteries with a free miniature Flames hockey helmet inside. Uh... I'm finally out of last place in my hockey pool, where I've been festering since early LAST season. Tomorrow (Tues) is my big hockey day of the week -- the Knuckleheads play at night, and the bus drivers have a morning game in which I'll either play or referee. That's all for now!


2 Comments:
Whoa, how's the kitty potty training going so far? I've read about this, but have never seen it actualy happenning.
BRV
Well, she's doing most of what she's supposed to into the bowl-in-a-bowl so far. But a setback: once we removed all the litter out of there, she shifted to a houseplant. So we've put the litter back in now. I don't know what the hell comes next. This project is really Bethy's department. It will be nice to have my bathroom back one day -- even if I have to share it with the cat.
Post a Comment
<< Home