In Search of Good Craic
Our rental car is booked, as is our first night's hotel in Dublin, located right on the River Liffey. Hoping to meet up with Irish Dave while we're still there, he's the only person either of us knows in all of Ireland. Dave is a friend who meets up with my travleholic buds somewhere on Earth every year. He may be able to tip us off to some cool spots. After that, we'll set out and see where the Irish wind blows us!
The flight path is a long one, 5pm in Vic today until 6pm in Dublin tomorrow, via Seattle and London. We travel so well together, the time flies by, and I'm actually looking forward to the long haul flight. It's not something we get to experience often, and Pete tells us British Airways is a good way to go. Got some new reading to get us through, and and some airport candy should round things out nicely. I also enjoy picking up a newspaper from other places. Dave Maude of the Knuckleheads recommended the Motley Crue rock bio book a while back, so I'm gonna tuck into that tale of debauchery.
The past couple of weeks have been so awesome, it's hard to believe it's about to get even better. But it will! Mr. and Mrs. Ireland are going to take their namesake country by storm. I'm taking lots of ID to prove the name is legit. I'm sure I'm not the first goofy Canadian to pull this off.
May or may not have a chance to pop online while we go, not sure if I'll have the urge or not. It would be nice to share some photos along the way, so we have the camera cable just in case. In closing, let me share with you the following words about the Irish people, who are about to host us:
"Be they kings, or poets, or farmers,
They're a people of great worth,
They keep company with the angels,
And bring a bit of heaven here to earth"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home