May 19, 1996
She and I were recently going through our high school agendas, and found her '96 birthday. Bethy went to a rock concert at the curling club with a bunch of friends -- and so did I! 54-40 were a big attraction back then, and it was one of the first live shows I'd ever been to. The best band by far was Chixdiggit, who I went to see several more times in later years (even played a song on bass with them once!). Still have a pick I caught from the guitarist that day. Anyhow, the point here: This is but one of the many examples of Bethy and I roaming in overlapping circles through our youth, without ever actually meeting one another. It came close -- we've figured out occasions of being at the same place at the same time, we've had common friends, etc... it just wasn't in the stars until a decade later! We'll be married 12 years and two months to the day of this most excellent concert experience.


3 Comments:
Didn't someone lose a shoe in the mosh pit at that show?
might want to update 'girlfriend' to 'fiance' in your bio.
just a thought.
RASS!
Whups! Thanks mate, good eye
PG, must have.. i both took and lost shoes
Post a Comment
<< Home