Spongeknuckle Street

The Mayor of Spongeknuckle Street now has a place he can use to muse, gripe, ponder and hype. Order!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holy Christmas

It's been a pretty nice holidays around our place, plenty of visiting with both our families. We had our four parents plus my grandparents over for dinner on Boxing Day. We went to our respective family homes for turkey dinner on the 25th -- Bethy to her folks, and I to Gramma and Grampa's place for another fine Christmas spread. The gift giving was scaled back in my family this year -- we did a gift exchange instead, Secret Santa style. It worked out well I thought. Still ended up with an abundance of treats somehow. Those will always find their way to me I think, as long as Mom and Bethy have something to say about it!

My week leading up to Christmas was mostly spent at work, filling in for some other vacationing staff. It allowed me the chance to host the wake-up show, the second stint I've done in that role. It's awesome, I really enjoy it! There's something about being one of the first in the city to rise, and then to help thousands of others haul their butts out of bed, all while trying to be informative and entertaining. I get a genuine charge out of it. I'll be back at the station full time in mid-January, and this unemployed carefree life will be a thing of the past. Getting a regular paycheque again will be a relief though!

But first up is a jaunt to Mexico over New Year's. Talk to you when we get back... Ciao amigos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home